Saturday 5 September 2009

500 word Textual Analysis of Devdas - Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka

I have chosen to write a case study on the music video 'Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka' from the film Devdas. I am going to explain why i have chosen this video and what i think has attracted me to it.

Aishwarya Rai is using the candle to represent her longing beloved. The music video starts off with a candle which a series of ladies try to blow out but do not succeed. This shows that her love is ever lasting and nothing can put it out like the flame on her candle. She later sings 'A gust of wind is coming to blow out my candle, this flame of my longing beloved, but it shall never be put out.' This shows that even powerful wind can not defeat her strong feeling for her beloved one.

I like the way Aishwarya Rai is center of attention throughout the whole video.
The video starts of with

No comments:

Post a Comment